Sunday, March 29, 2009

Busy Week

This last week I (Don) was invited to speak to the single adults in town on being judgmental. I told a lot of stories and think I did OK. Friday I had the Transitions kids and we talked about how to treat friends. (The Transitions kids are handicapped children who work at a store in town to help them transition into society. They come to the campus for lunch at the cafeteria and a lesson from Dr. Larson twice a month.) We ended by asking, "What is the first rule of friendship?" The answer is "Be Kind!" This is now the Transitions mantra.
Saturday I had to go to Green River for a meeting I set up for all the stake presidents in SE Utah. We were setting up an LDS. Relations Committee for our Sector to improve communications between the BSA and the Church. We were supposed to have Elder Pocock with us but he had family concerns keep him away. It was a good start. The Stake Presidents are committed to talking quarterly. It will help reinforce training in the districts. I got to wear my new Scout uniform.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Mom said that your talk went really well. You guys are always on the go! You need a real vacation.

Don and Becky Larson said...

What would a "real" vacation be? We had a change of scenery and were with people we love for our spring break. That sounds like a vacation to me.